Written by Lindisfarne Festival
Support the Happy Mondays at Lindisfarne Festival 2018 - COMPETITION NOW CLOSED!
Calling all musicians! Fancy playing the mainstage of Lindisfarne Festival on Friday 31st August 2018? Do you want Shaun Ryder and the rest of the Happy Mondays to listen to YOUR music? Would you like the chance to support THEM?
If you want to see your name on our lineup alongside the likes of The Levellers, The Showhawk Duo, Dub Pistols and Skinny Lister, whilst helping to raise awareness and support a fantastic cause... Read on to find out how to enter our 2018 unsigned band competition...
We are excited to announce that we have again teamed up with Musicians Against Homelessness to help raise vital funds for homeless charity Crisis and provide amazing performance opportunities for unsigned acts at Lindisfarne Festival 2018.
This year we have once again been overwhelmed by applications from so many unbelievably talented unsigned musicians! We wish we could host all of these, but of course slots are limited. But fear not, as part of our mission to support the #MAH2018 campaign, it gives us great pleasure to announce that we'll be offering an exclusive opportunity for one lucky act to perform with the stars (and under the stars) on the mainstage of Lindisfarne Festival 2018!
If that wasn't enough, the competition winner will also receive a money-can’t-buy VIP prize package*, including onsite arrival via helicopter courtesy of Northumbrian Helicopters, a radio interview onsite with one of our partner stations, a professional photo and video shoot (before and during the performance), social media promotion and a post-festival online feature in Northern Exposure!
Not only that, but the best entrants will have their music heard by none other than Happy Mondays - who will be acting as judges for the final stage of the competition!
So you think you have what it takes to impress an internationally renown, platinum selling band? Here's what you need to do to get yourself in the running...
How to enter:
Submit an online entry form using the button below!
- MAKE SURE TO INCLUDE A VIDEO CLIP OF YOU/YOUR ACT PERFORMING
- COMPETITION OPEN TO UK BASED UNSIGNED MUSIC ACTS (including bands / solo artists / musicians) AGED 13 YEARS & OLDER (on 31/08/18)
- Entries open at 7pm Wednesdsay 6th June and will close at 12pm Friday 29th June.
- A shortlist of 12 entries will be chosen by MAH & Lindisfarne Festival Judging Panel.
- The shortlist will be announced and voting will open up to the public 3rd - 9th July 2018.
- The 3 acts with the most votes in addition to 2 acts selected by industry experts will go through to the final 5.
- Happy Mondays will decide the winner and announce via social media week on Monday 16th July 2018.
The winning act will be invited to perform a slot on the festival mainstage on the Friday 31st August, along with receiving a special VIP Package, designed to help boost their profile, springboard their career and give a true taste of the VIP lifestyle.
All 5 finalists chosen by the Happy Mondays will also receive free weekend festival tickets and an invitiation to perform on the MAH stage at the festival.
So if you want to see your name added to this incredible lineup...
... SHOW US WHAT YOU'VE GOT!
And of course, not everyone covets a place in the limelight. If just want to enjoy an amazing weekend, cheering on all our brilliant acts from the audience and dropping a few quid in our donation buckets - get yourself a ticket and come along to help support an independent local festival and some brilliant emerging talent.
- Applications are open to any unsigned artist, unsigned band or independent artist, musician or musical group not under a contract with a record label.
- Any entrant who has been previously signed or associated with a record label, may be disqualified at the judges discretion.
- All entrants/finalists must be willing and able to travel to the festival site (at their own expense) arriving by midday on Friday 31st August.
- Reasonable travel expenses for the winning act will be reimbursed by the festival, subject to agreement with organisers prior to the event.
- The prize package is provided by multiple third parties and each element is subject to individual terms (given by each prize provider/partner) and can be withdrawn at any time.
- If any element of the prize package is withdrawn for unforseen reasons, Lindisfarne Festival & Musicians Against Homelessness will endeavour to source a similar/suitable replacement prize of equal value.